Location: New York
Location Preference: Candidates local to NY / NJ or General North East highly preferred
Senior Windows L3 Engineer required to work in the L3 Platform Security Engineering team, providing highest level of security consultancy and engineering of core XP /Win2K3/Win2k8, and AD infrastructure components. The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of 6350+ Microsoft Windows servers and 45K+ Microsoft XP Desktops. The role will focus on the security products and tooling utilised to manage the platform. The role is suited to an experienced Systems Administrator or Platform Engineer with a proven understanding in enterprise platform security. An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The Platform Security Engineer group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Analysis and Development of platform security initiatives
- Provide consultancy services to IT Security and other IT Security teams
- Provide architecture assurance on security platform initiatives
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks.
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
- Undertake problem ownership.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from Operations
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
- Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst colleagues.
- Integrate and Interact with regional & global colleagues, providing innovative ideas.
- Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
- Regularly re-evaluate processes and procedures.
- Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
- Instigate service improvement initiatives
- Help to identify opportunities for process improvement or synergies across the business.
- Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner.
- Maximise the use of existing resources, skills and technologies for the greatest benefit.
- Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment.
Skills Required Professional and extensive experience in Platform based Security
- Understanding of Security fundamentals and principles
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self driven, team player
- Windows Operating System (up to and including debugging)
- Microsoft Certificate Services and knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Anti Virus and Endpoint Protection Experience
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Extensive use of Microsoft GPO
- DNS / WINS
- Scripting and Development (Powershell, VBscript, C#, Perl,)
- MSCS Clustering
- Symantec SFW/VCS
- VMWare (GSX/ESX)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Hardware Vendor software & toolsets (HP/Dell/IBM)
- Platform build tools (for example, Altiris, Bladelogic, etc)
- Microsoft Terminal Server
Product integration experience in an enterprise environment is a MUST have for this position.
Skills Desired - Operations Manager 2007
- Symantec Anti Virus
- Windows 2008 & HPC
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Networks and Firewall infrastructure
- Basic working knowledge of RedHat Linux