Status: Actively Recruiting
Location: ADELAIDE, Washington
The individual hired for this position will be the SAP subject matter expert for the WW Operations business processes implemented on SAP. As a senior member of the SAP Services team, the individual will focus on the Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM) modules of R/3 as well as GTS, and all related infrastructure that enable Microsoft's ecommerce exchanges with customers and vendors.
Core Job Responsibilities:
1. Participate in projects designed to introduce new functionality or changes to existing functionality in the SAP Landscape
a. This will involve review of business requirements, technical and functional specs, review of SAP configuration design and code, transport reviews etc. Successful facilitation of this process ensures realistic and practical changes to the SAP environment while meeting the business requirements.
b. Act as gatekeeper of the SAP landscape to ensure scalability, supportability is built into the design of new SAP implementations. Ensure that existing solutions in production are not impacted by the new design/solution.
c. Facilitating post mortem discussions, investigating root cause analysis and driving the resolution.
2. Developing strong collaborative relationships with local and regional Business Unit IT teams to deliver reporting solutions to the business.
3. Developing strong collaborative relationships with local and regional SAP ABAP development and test team to evaluate and implement and support new functionality on a quarterly basis.
4. Delivering excellent service and support to internal customers and partners. Position will be responsible for monitoring progress against service level agreements.
5. Position is responsible for ensuring each reported problems are resolved in a timely manner, tracked according to standards, and escalated problems are resolved as appropriate.
6. Solving high complexity issues, and communicating problem resolution and additional information to management, executive leadership, customer groups, project teams and other IT support groups.
Significant contributions to our knowledge management database as well as information and metrics published on our internal web site.
7. Extended coverage outside of normal work hours may be required.
Unique Job Skills:
Candidates should have expertise in several of the following areas:
o Candidate must have strong design and configuration experience in SAP Sales and distribution [SD] module. ABAP code experience.
o Design and configuration experience in SAP R/3 Sales and at least one of the distribution modules.
SAP R/3 Materials Management [MM],
SAP Global Trade Services
SAP Advanced Planning and Optimizer [APO] and
Ability to debug SAP code
Program management - Managing internal projects, processes, service, and technology decisions.
Qualifications Should Include:
A minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated work experience in SAP (including configuration)
A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field preferred.
Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multitask.
The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidate must have an excellent understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support.
Must be able to participate in a team environment and operate individually.
Strong problem resolution, analysis and customer service skills required.
Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
Interested candidates can post their updated resume to email@example.com